Imaging services are one of our four pillars. We have invested in state of the art equipment on a fully integrated digital platform. The equipment include Digital X-ray, 128 slices CT, 1.5 Telsa MRI, 4D Ultrasound, Mammogram and Digital Fluoroscopy.
The installation of a Radiology Information System and Picture Archiving and Communication System (RIS / PACS) enables our hospital to be fully integrated and fully filmless allowing remote access for the review of images and reports by your Specialist plus the capacity to conduct video based real time consultations.
In addition, Pun Hlaing Siloam Hospital has integrated the Barco Digital Monitor and Software that displays high-definition images to be displayed to allow our specialists to do in-depth assessment of radiology images. A complete Clinical Quality Management Program is being implemented and will allow the Imaging Department to measure and audit Radiologist Reporting Times, Workloads, Clinical Accuracy, Equipment Downtime, Incidents and Complaints as well as ensuring our staff are given access to ongoing Clinical Education.
We have mandated measurable Turn Around Times (TAT’s) benchmarked against International Best Practice. Detailed auditing of this data will assist the Imaging department to provide a more efficient and timely service for our patients.
The physical floor plan has dedicated rooms for each modality (piece of equipment), including our Breast Imaging Center, while direct internal access from the Emergency Department means those patients requiring urgent imaging can be seamlessly fast tracked into the department.
Breast Imaging Centre for women
In this Department, we have Breast Imaging Centre for women. The internationally experienced Breast Imaging Specialists from USA provide services such as Mammogram and Ultrasound services for the breast.
Doctors in specialized divisions of the department provide diagnostic and interventional imaging services. Radiologists, physicists, technologists, nurses and other support staff who have expertise staff the divisions. This multidisciplinary team approach allows examinations to be performed, interpreted and delivered to your doctor on the same day in most cases.
Our services include:
- Abdominal imaging
- Biopsy, using CT, ultrasound and fluoroscopic procedures
- Breast Ultrasound
- Digital Mammography
- Preoperative wire localization
- Stereotactic needle biopsy
- Cancer/oncology imaging
- Cardiac imaging
- Computerized tomography
- Coronary artery calcification scoring
- Lung cancer screening
- Gastrointestinal radiology
- Virtual colonoscopy
- General radiology (chest and skeletal)
- Genitourinary radiology
- Hospital radiology
- Interventional neuroradiology
- Discography for degenerative disk disease
- Treatment of vertebral compression fractures with vertebroplasty
- IVC filter retrieval
- Magnetic resonance imaging
- Magnetic resonance angiography
- Magnetic resonance elastography
- Medical physics
- Musculoskeletal imaging
- Neurological radiology
- Nuclear radiology
- Biliary scans
- Bone scans
- Bone mineral analysis
- Nuclear cardiology
- Positron emission tomography (PET)
- Sentinel lymphoscintigraphy
- Thyroid scans
- Pediatric radiology
- Thoracic radiology
- Tumor ablation
- Vascular/interventional radiology
- Aortic aneurysm stent grafting
- Biliary and genitourinary and ablation of neoplasms
- Chemoembolization of tumors
- Image-guided treatment of liver tumors
- Uterine fibroid embolization