International Patient Assistance Center (IPAC)
The International Patient Assistance Centre (IPAC) was set up to provide a one-stop service for international patients looking for specialists’ expertise, personalized patient care with State-of-the-Art equipment at Pun Hlaing Siloam Hospitals.
Our dedicated and experienced IPAC coordinators are well-trained to provide seamless and responsive Insurance Payment Process and to attend the special needs of patients before, during, and after the visit. We are able to provide advice on the estimated cost of treatments and procedures at our hospitals for Emergency care, In-Patient and Out-Patients Services.
If you would like to confirm that PHSH works with your insurance provider, please contact the International Patient Assistance Centre (IPAC).
If you represent a local or international private medical insurance company and would like to add your name to our direct billing list, please let us know.
* Pun Hlaing Siloam Hospital reserves the right to refuse to work with certain insurance policies or insurance companies at our own discretion. We will advise you immediately if we are unable to work with your insurance provider.
For more information contact:
International Patient Assistance Centre (IPAC)
Tel: +95 1 3684 336 Extension: 1003
24-hour Helpline: +95 97 78 78 78 52
- Doctor Referral and Appointment
- Emergency Care
- Non-emergency Care
- Air Evacuation and Repatriation
- Airport Transfer Services by Ambulance
- Advices on Cost Estimates
- Medical Financial Counseling
- Language Interpretation Assistance
- Seamless and Responsive Insurance Payment
Our Insurance Partners
Pun Hlaing Siloam Hospitals (PHSH) can assist you in coordinating with your insurance provider. Our network of partners includes international and local private medical insurance companies and travel insurance providers.
A complete list of insurance partners can be found below:
- International and Local Private Medical Insurance: In the event of an emergency or an un-planned inpatient visit, your insurance provider may still provide coverage for your treatment.
- Travel Insurance: PHSH works with hundreds of travel insurance companies either directly or through their medical assistance providers.
What Do We Accept For Direct Billing?
- Direct Billing: Direct billing is when we charge the insurance company directly for the cost of your procedure. Many (not all) of the insurance companies we have contracts with will allow us to do direct billing. Otherwise, you will need to pay for the procedure first (usually with a deposit), and be reimbursed by your insurance company later which is a Self-Claim. In addition, there may be differences in your plan depending on if you are having an Outpatient or Inpatient procedure.
- Self-Claim: Patients with any insurance company that we do not have a contract with have to pay upfront for procedure and be reimbursed from the insurance company.
- Packages: Please note that procedure packages (e.g. Maternity Packages) are only available to Self-Claim patients. These packages are not available with insurance coverage.
International Private Medical Insurance Companies We Have Direct Billing Contracts With:
- Aetna Global Benefits (Asia Pacific)
- CIGNA International
- Now Health International
- Innova Care
- BUPA International
- Healix International
- AYA Insurance
- APRIL ASSISTANCE (THAILAND) Co., Ltd.
- MSH International (LUMA Care)
- Pacific Cross Health Insurance Public Company Limited
Medical Assistance Companies We Have Contracts With:
- AP Companies Global Solutions Ltd.
- PT. Global Assistance & Healthcare
- Poe-Ma Assistance & Services
- Euro – Center Thailand
- Inter Mutuelles Assistance
- AA international Inc.
- Well Be Myanmar
- Blue Dot Assistance
- CareJet Assist
- Global Assistance Co Ltd.
- International SOS
- Prestige International S Pte Ltd.
- Tralis of Indochina
- AIG Travel Assist, Inc.
- Blue Assistance Myanmar (Japanese Medical Desk)
International and Local Private Medical Insurance
In the event of an emergency or an un-planned inpatient visit, your insurance provider may still provide coverage for your treatment. To ensure payment, please follow the following steps. You will be asked to present the following items upon arrival at the hospital:
- Passport or any other documents required by your insurance company for identification purposes:
- Current medical insurance certificate or card: Please note that PHSH reserves the right to refuse policies from certain insurance companies at our own discretion. We will advise you immediately if we cannot work with your insurance provider.
- Our physician will write a detailed medical report with your treatment plan.
- Our IPAC team will coordinate with your insurance provider for the approval of a Guarantee of Payment for your medical expenses.
- The insurance provider then evaluates and makes a decision on coverage. Normally a Guarantee of Payment will be sent to PHSH within 24-48 hours. Despite you’re having an insurance policy, there may be times when the insurance provider does not provide a Guarantee of Payment within this time period. Possible reasons for this may include:
- Verification process of the insurance provider
- Terms and conditions of your policy
- Pre-existing conditions or exclusions
- Differences in time zones, weekends or bank holidays
- Time needed to process the application and/or length of stay may be insufficient to afford the insurance provider adequate time
- If there is a delay and the documents are not provided by the time you have been discharged, we will not be able to process your insurance claim. You will be required to pay the bill in full by cash or credit card and then file for reimbursement directly with your insurance company.
- You are always required to pay any excess amount at the time of your discharge. The excess amount may include such expenses as insurance co-payments, room rates that exceed your insured limit, or personal expenses such as telephone calls that are in addition to our included services.
- Complete insurance information must be submitted during your admission. We will not be able to process any insurance claims after you have been discharged.
Insured Patient Services
Pun Hlaing Siloam Hospitals is pleased to offer assistance in coordinating with your insurance provider. To better meet the needs of our insured patients, we have partnered with an extensive network of insurance providers worldwide.
To better understand your insurance plan’s benefits and limitations, we advise you to contact your insurance company before planning your treatment. Visit our insurance partner page to see if your insurer is currently working us.
Our International Patient Assistance Centre (IPAC) can assist you with the following:
- Emergency or Unplanned Inpatient Services In the event of an emergency or an un-planned inpatient visit, your insurance provider may still provide coverage for your treatment.
- Outpatient Services If your insurance provider has specifically contracted with the hospital to provide cashless outpatient services, then you may receive them according to your plan.
- Planned Inpatient Services Our planned inpatient services means that PHSH can assist you in obtaining a guarantee of payment prior to admission.
Planned Inpatient Services
If you are planning for your medically necessary inpatient procedure in advance and think it may be covered by your insurance plan, PHSH can assist you in obtaining a guarantee of payment prior to admission.
To make the process as smooth as possible, please follow these steps:
- Please contact our appointment booking team at the IPAC to schedule your medical procedure.
- Attach copies of the following documents to your correspondence with the PHSH International Patient Assistance Centre.
- A scanned copy of your passport (photo page)
- A copy (front and back) of your current medical insurance certificate or card
- Any other documents required by your insurance company for identification purposes
Please note that Pun Hlaing Siloam Hospital reserves the right to refuse policies from certain insurance companies at our own discretion. We will advise you immediately if we cannot work with your insurance provider. PHSH will then communicate with your insurance company to assist you in obtaining a Guarantee of Payment in advance of your admission.
If your insurance provider has specifically contracted with the hospital to provide cashless outpatient services, then you may receive them according to your plan. If not, you will need to pay your medical bill yourself and claim back from your insurance provider later. We will provide you with a medical certificate for reimbursement directly from your insurance company.